Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, several Organizations have adapted trainings to take place over internet connections. Please contact the training director of your local DRC for details.
Center for Dialog & Resolution
Would you like to serve as a mediator in your family, workplace, or community? Are you interested in learning the skills and strategies mediators use to enhance your ability to manage difficult conversations? Either way, this training program is for you!
Basic Mediation Training
Center for Dialog & Resolution (CDR) offers their signature Mediation course that will teach you the processes of mediation, communication skills, and peaceful conflict resolution.
What you will learn:
- Conflict resolution and concepts
- The 8-stage mediation model
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Mediator role and ethics
- Identifying interests, values and basic needs
Demonstrating the skills taught in this 40-hour class will enable you to explore peaceful and constructive approaches to conflict in the workplace, home, and your community.
37.75 CLE credits or 37.5 clock hours available. Recognized for Continued Learning Credits (CLE, CEU, PDC, Clock Hours) by:
- Washington State Bar Association (WSBA)
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW) Social Workers, Therapists, and Counselors
- Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI) Educators
- This course meets the requirements for Washington Mediation Association
- Society for Human Resource Management
Summer: July 7-9 and 14-16
Autumn: September 28-30 and October 12-14
Trainings take place 8:30 am—5:30 pm at the Center For Dialog & Resolution Program
Fees: General registration: $700
Early bird: $650
Group rate: $550/person for 3 or more from the same organization
37.75 CLE credits: $125
Register now by filling out the form online at https://centerforresolution.org/